In the cold months, set your thermostat to 68 degrees while you’re at home. At night, or when your home is unoccupied turn down your thermostats to 58 degrees. A programmable thermostat is ideal if you are away from home during set periods of time throughout the week – According to the Environmental Protection Agency, through proper use of pre-programmed settings, a programmable thermostat can save you about $200.00 a year.
1. Switch to safe, long- lasting, – efficient LED ( light emitting diode ) holiday lights whenever possible. Use a timer to reliably turn off lights during daylight hours and other specified times.
2. Don’t overload your electric circuits.
3. Check fuses or circuit breaker panel to see what your home can handle, and stay well within the limits.
4. Adhere to manufacture’s destinations to use (indoor vs outdoor). Outdoor lighting should have insulated electrical cords and be plugged into ground fault interrupter-protected receptacle only.
5. Don’t run extension cords under rugs, around furniture legs, or around furniture legs, or across doorways.
6. Keep all plugs and connectors off the ground, away from puddles and sprinklers.
7. Avoid stringing more than three sets of lights together and plugging into a single outlet.
8. Make sure there’s a bulb in each socket of a light string even if in burned out.
9. Keep your natural trees well- watered to prevent bulbs from igniting dry branches.
10. Never use electrical decorations on metal trees.
Originally posted on Zazzle Blog:
The holiday season is almost upon us and it’s the best time to promote your stores! We’ve decided to give out five awards, in the form of AMEX cards, to the folks who get the most referrals from now until the end of the month.
Terms & Conditions
1. Zazzle will give an award in the form of an AMEX card to the top five associates with the most referrals during the qualifying period 2. All associates will automatically be entered 3.Qualifying referrals include referrals earned on sales within the qualifying time period net of returns and/or cancellations 4. In case of a tie we will award the associate that earned the referral first 5. The qualifying period begins on Friday October 18th, 2013 at 12 PM PST and ends Thursday, October 31st, 2013 at 12 PM PST.
*We’ll announce the Associate Superstars on our Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+…
View original 5 more words
1. A design plan
3. Plants need to be grouped in the same irrigation zone.
4. The plants need to be spaced from one another.
5. Exposures that reduce unneeded maintenance.
6. Use Larger growing spaces for small, plants and trees.
7. Drip irrigation for plants and trees.
8. A spray system that covers the entire lawn efficiently and uniformly, and a low volume drip system for deep-rooted plants.
9. An irrigation clock with multiple programs that allows watering in 1 – minute increments.
10. Make sure you meet all local codes and ordinances.
Natural gas dryers provide instant heat that’s
much gentler on laundry than the dry heat of
electric dryers. and clean burning natural gas
is gentler on the environment, allowing you to
leave behind a smaller carbon footprint with each load.
Faster than electric dryers, natural gas models
allow clothes to tumble less and last longer. many
models have sensors that measure the amount of
moisture inside the dryer and automatically shuts
it off when the load is drying. This saves energy and
reduces wear and tear on fabrics.
Because natural gas cost half as much
per load as electric does, it’s gentler on your
budget throughout the lifetime of your appliance.
When shopping for a natural gas water heater,
be sure to consider both the purchase price of
the unit as well as the operating cost.
Natural gas not only assures you of your comfort that’s affordable and reliable, it’s preferred by homeowners who want to help save energy, reduce emissions and protect the environment.
You can get your old fridge picked up and get some cash.
Your old refrigerator uses up to four times the electricity of a new one. So, why not recycle it?
This could save you up to $140 a year on your energy bill plus the company will haul it away free of charge.
Call 1877 289-8260
to schedule a pick up time.
Here’s an idea for you to save money on your energy bill…
If you’re going to use your washer or dryer do so at night. Let dishes in the dishwasher air dry to avoid heat cycle.